The Tug Prewitt was a surplus 86 foot ex-USArmy Transportation Corps tug that was used by the USArmy Corps of Engineers for some years and then was bought by a New Orleans Company. Brown Marine bought it in the 1970's, repowered it with a 1200 hp Cat and used it for some years to push barges on the Intracoastal Waterway between New Orleans and St. Marks, Florida. It eventualy became too old to use and is still performing a mission as an artificial fishing reef off of Okaloosa County Florida. This Photo shows her being sunk for the reef.
[Return to Old Boat & Ship Gallery Page]
[Return to Pensacola Maritime History Page]